Why this Ride?
The Kiwanis Club of North Shore, Long Island is proud to sponsor this event for 16 years and has supported the Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Center, based at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York.
We have now raised close to $96,200.00 dollars and still growing. The KPTC is the only such facility in down state New York equipped for and dedicated to the care of children who have suffered traumatic injury. In addition to the services in Manhasset, Kiwanis and the KPTC reach out to many communities serving them in other ways, including providing special pediatric trauma equipment to the emergency medical teams and local fire medical units. Thanks for participating.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION:
• Event T-Shirt for the first 250 that are Registered by June 17th, 2014
• Healthy Food and Water
• 5 Rest Stops
• Well-Marked Roads (“THE BEST”)
REGISTRATION AND TIMES:
Registration Starts at 7am
WalkOn registration starts a 7AM
• New 65 mile, 55 Mile, and 23 mile course (click to view maps)
• $40 dollars day of ride
• $35 dollars if registered before June 17, 2014
SOME KEY REMINDERS AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
1) Drink plenty of water before the event,
2) Bring an air pump, extra tubes, and/or a tube repair kit, you will not be picked up for a flat by sag
3) Bring an extra water bottle,
4) Bring identification,
5) Have some spare change,
6) Don’t forget your energy bars,
7) BRING YOUR CELL PHONE.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• All rides include moderate hills to climb.
• The ride starts and returns to Tappen Beach in Sea Cliff.
• There is plenty of support.
• 4 rest stops with food and drink for all.