Daniel Flanzig is an accomplished Trial Lawyer as well as an avid cyclist, runner, and competitive du-athlete. He is the firm's lead trial attorney litigating significant personal injury cases in New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, the lower Hudson Valley as well as in the Eastern and Southern Districts of the United States District Courts. He has obtained multiple verdicts and settlements in excess of a Million Dollars on behalf of the firm's clients.
Mr. Flanzig has been awarded and maintains a Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rating by his peers, the highest rating an attorney can obtain. He has been granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for attorneys who have obtained trial verdicts in excess of One Million Dollars. He has been consistently named a " New York Super Lawyer" as seen in The New York Times and was named one of "The New York Area's Top Rated Lawyers " by ALM as published in New York Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. In 2013 Bicycle Times Magazine feature Mr. Flanzig as a National leader in Bike law and advocacy.
Mr. Flanzig has been quoted in the New York Times, The New York Post, The Daily News, Long Island's Newsday, as well as The New York Law and National Law Journals, offering his expert opinion on personal injury cases and "Bike Law" in New York. He has appeared on NBC News NY, News 12 Brooklyn, News 12 Long Island, Channel 11 News, CBS News, Univision 41, and other national and international news outlets with regard to high profile cases the firm has handled.
Daniel Flanzig is the founder and Chair Person of the New York State Trial Lawyers Bicycle Ligation Sub-Committee. He is a member of the Board of Directors and legal advisor to the New York Bicycling Coalition, the State's leading bicycle advocacy group. Daniel has developed a free monthly class in conjunction with Bike New York, the country's leading Bike Education charity. Each month, at different locations around NYC a unique "Bike Law" issue, is addressed. He is a founder and Board member of Long Island Streets-NY, a non-for-profit advocating for bike and pedestrian education and safety in Long Island, Queens, and Brooklyn.
Taking his advocacy efforts to the most local level, Daniel serves as the Chair of the Sea Cliff Traffic and Safety Committee helping to make his Village a safer place to walk, bike and run. Daniel has been invited by the County of Nassau to represent the interests of cyclists and pedestrians at the Nassau County Traffic and Safety Board where he works with a Coalition of transportation agencies and local law enforcement to implement vision zero policies in the County.
He is the author of "Wheels of Justice" a monthly column published by the Coalition offering legal advice for cyclists across New York State. Mr. Flanzig is a contributing writer for the New York Law Journal "Outside Counsel" column writing on cycling and the law. He is a member of the American Association of Justice - Bicycle Litigation Group - a nationwide network of "Bike Lawyers" sharing and exchanging information.
Mr. Flanzig has presented multiple CLE ( continuing legal education) lectures in New York on the handling of a bicycle crash case educating other attorneys on how to properly and effectively prosecute a case. Daniel was invited to present at the AAJ's National Annual Convention regarding bike crash litigation as an emerging area of practice. Mr. Flanzig assisted the American Association of Justice in the production of their first "Bicycle Litigation Packet" prepared to assist lawyers across the country in the preparation and litigation of a bike collision claim.
- New York State Courts, 1995
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1995
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, 1995
- Member of the Board of Directors of the New York Bicycling Coalition
- Chair and Founder - NYSTLA Bicycle Litigation Sub-Committee
- New York Bike Law Instructor - Bike New York
- Co-Founder - Bicycle Accident Attorney National Network
- Founder and Board Member - Long Island Streets-NY
- Chair - Village of Sea Cliff, Traffic and Safety Committee
- Member/Adviser - County of Nassau, Traffic and Safety Board
- Board Member - New York Junior Cycling
- Transportation Alternatives
- League of American Bicyclists
- New York Bicycling Coalition
- Five Boro Bike Club (5BBC)
- Mineola Bicycle Club
- Suffolk Bicycle Riders Assoc.
- AAJ- American Assoc. for Justice
- AAJ- Bicycle Litigation Group
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Bike Law - 2014 -2018 A National Network of Bicycle collision Attorneys
- C.L.I.M.B. - Concerned Long Island Mountain Bicyclists