Cathy S. Flanzig - Partner
Born: Huntington, NY 1960
College: George Washington University
Law School: Benjamin N. Cardoza School of Law
- New York Courts, 1987,
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1995
- New York State Bar Association,
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association,
- Nassau County Bar Association,
- Nassau Lawyers Association,
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association,
- Women Bar Association of the State of New York.
- Super Lawyers- NY Metropolitan Region, 2011
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Appointments: Nassau County Supreme Court Mediator 2004 - present
Ms. Flanzig has been an active litigator in New York for the past 26 years. Just recently one of her cases has been reported in the New York Law Journal as a"Top 25 Verdicts and Settlements of 2010" involving a pedestrian accidents in New York State and Recently been named one of "
New York's Super Lawyer" as report in the New York Times.
She heads up the firm's Mass Tort and Class Action practice including such high profile matters as the Avandia Class Action litigation, the well known Dow Corning Breast Implant Litigation and the infamous 1993 World Trade Center Bombing Litigation. She also headed the plaintiff's steering committee involving the notorious 1993 Colin Ferguson shooting aboard the Long Island Railroad.
Her practice includes many issues that are uniquely significant to women, including failure to diagnose breast cancer as well as the failure to provide adequate security or protection that results in sexual assaults or attacks on women. In addition to practicing general negligence, Cathy concentrates on insurance coverage issues, including Uninsured Motorist and No-Fault Coverage disputes and resolving Medicare, Workers Compensation and Private Health Care Carrier's Medical Liens.
She heads the firm's Appellate Practice and has successfully argued cases in the Appellate Divisions of the State. Ms. Flanzig serves as a official Court Mediator in the Supreme Court, Nassau County.
Published Decisions of interest:
- Magness, et al. v. Glandorf, et al., 171 A.D. 2d 652, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)
- Worldwide Insurance Group v. Wing, 202 A.D.2d 682, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1994)
- Kelleher IV, etc., v. F.M.E. Auto Leasing Corp., etc., 192 A.D. 2d 581,Appellate Division 2nd Dept. (1993)
- Northern Assurance Co., LTD., et al., v. Nick, et al., 203 A.D. 2d 342,Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1994)
- Licker, et al., v. Brangan, 177 A.D. 2d 547, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)
- Berotte, v. Hiram, et al., 173 A.D. 2d 754, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)